Dan Ching Chinese, Japanese & English OCR 5.0
High recognition Chinese (Simplified/Traditional), Japanese and English OCR software in market. Allows both horizontal and vertical text scan. Vista ready.
Now available with English interface for Windows XP/2000 and compatible with Windows Vista
Dan Ching Chinese/English OCR software can translate black-and-white, grayscale and color documents into electronic files that you can edit. You can scan and recognize office documents, articles, tables, and more in just one step. Dan Ching retains the character formatting, font size, and page layout of your original document. It also automatically de-skews, de-speckles, crops, and inverts the scanned image.
After scanning, Dan Ching highlights suspicious characters and offers alternative characters based on similar words or meanings. It can also be trained to recognize unusual characters for increased accuracy. Dan Ching can send the recognized text directly to word processors or spreadsheet applications for editing. In addition, it can save documents as HTML for instant web publishing.
- UI: English, Traditional/Simplified Chinese and Japanese; User Manual in Traditional Chinese Only.
- Supports Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and English Auto-OCR (scan and recognize text in one step).
- Recognizes text, graphics, tables, and columns.
- Retains character formatting, font size, and page layout.
- Recognizes black-and-white, grayscale, and color documents.
- Auto de-skews, de-speckles, crops and inverts.
- Built-in dictionaries and thesaurus for easy proof-reading (Dan Ching displays characters that look similar or characters that will work in that context).
- Training engine allows Dan Ching to memorize hard-to-recognize characters for increased accuracy.
- Integrated with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Output formats: TXT, RTF, DOC, XLS, SOK, CSV, and HTML.
- Sends recognized text by e-mail.
- Saves as HTML for instant web publishing.
- OCR accuracy: up to 98.5%.
- OCR speed: 9,000 characters/minute (based on Pentium II 300).
- Microsoft Chinese Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista or English Windows 2000/XP/Vista with Chinese language support
- Pentium II 200 MHz above CPU
- 64MB RAM (Suggest 128MB above)
- At least 300 MB Hard disk space
- TWAIN compatible scanner